Devon Carers - Just For Carers
Whatever your age, whoever you care for
You are a carer if....
- You provide unpaid support for family, partners or friends who need help because they are ill, frail or have a disability.
Any carer in Devon can access:
- Devon carers helpline, open six days a week, for information, advice and signposting.
- A regular newsletter, including information about local events and support groups.
- A carer alert card to ensure the person you care for gets help if something bad happens to you.
If the answer to any of these is no, and you are caring for an adult living in Devon, you might benefit from a carers assessment.
- Are you looking after yourself?
- Have you support from family or friends?
- Do you have all the help and support you need?
We also provide Carers Health and Well Being Bhecks for carers and children (under 18) with disabilities.
Through a Carers Assessment/Health and Well Being Check you might be able to access:
- One to one help, support and advice, including help to create a contingency plan.
- Welfare benefit checks.
- Training to help you care and for your personal development.
- Buddies and peer support.
- A carers support plan and personal budget.
- Help with time off from caring.
To find out more about Devon Carers call the number below or visit the website on the link below:
Action East Devon - Hi Vis Project For Male Carers
Hi Vis – for Current and Former, Unpaid Male Carers in East Devon.
The Hi Vis project is run by Action East Devon.
Hi Vis can help you:
- leave your caring responsibilities behind for a while
- get out, meet people and make new friends
- try new activities with others in the same boat
- have a break and enjoy yourself
Hi Vis does this by:
- helping build local connections amongst male carers, current and former
- connecting you with existing activities in your community
- developing new activities just for unpaid current and former male carers
- raising awareness of male carers needs with other services and providers
Why has Hi Vis been set up?
- 42% of unpaid carers are male –unsung heroes!
- male carers are less likely to ask for help or support
- they can feel “on their own” with their caring responsibilities
- ALL carers need a break to stay healthy and happy – good for you and the person you care for!
What will you join us for?
Hi Vis programme currently provides and links with activities in and around Seaton; activities will begin in Honiton in October.
March 2020 Activities
As a new project they really want to hear and learn from YOU about what YOU need.