Devon Carers - Just For Carers
Whatever your age, whoever you care for
You are a carer if....
- You provide unpaid support for family, partners or friends who need help because they are ill, frail or have a disability.
Any carer in Devon can access:
- Devon carers helpline, open six days a week, for information, advice and signposting.
- A regular newsletter, including information about local events and support groups.
- A carer alert card to ensure the person you care for gets help if something bad happens to you.
If the answer to any of these is no, and you are caring for an adult living in Devon, you might benefit from a carers assessment.
- Are you looking after yourself?
- Have you support from family or friends?
- Do you have all the help and support you need?
We also provide Carers Health and Well Being Bhecks for carers and children (under 18) with disabilities.
Through a Carers Assessment/Health and Well Being Check you might be able to access:
- One to one help, support and advice, including help to create a contingency plan.
- Welfare benefit checks.
- Training to help you care and for your personal development.
- Buddies and peer support.
- A carers support plan and personal budget.
- Help with time off from caring.
To find out more about Devon Carers call the number below or visit the website on the link below: